SugarCRM and Salesforce CRM are the most popular CRM platforms in the market. While Salesforce has established its place in the industry, SugarCRM has also impressed users. However, there are certain features that differentiate both software.
1. Target Customers
- SugarCRM is ideal for startups and freelancers looking for enterprise-level on-premise solutions.
- You might need a technical/development team to operate this platform efficiently.
- Salesforce CRM is suitable for small, medium, and large organizations.
- It provides functionalities like lead scoring and collaborative forecasting to suit multiple businesses.
2. Ease of Use
- Being open-source, companies might struggle initially with the array of customizable features.
- Its learning curve is a bit steep and not suitable for CRM beginners.
- Sugar University provides many free classes to understand the functionalities of the software.
- It is not open source, but developers skilled in APEX can customize it.
- The platform is simpler to use and understand.
- Salesforce University provides paid training classes, which might be costly and time-consuming.
- The platform utilizes SugarExchange for software integration.
- SugarExchange has an API for integrating email, calendars, and contacts efficiently.
- Integrating software like Slack and G Suite is also convenient.
- It can integrate with native and business apps using AppExchange.
- Integrating platforms like G Suite and Mailchimp is simple.
- Salesforce CRM helps in the migration to other software with no hassles.
- The platform has multiple options and is more reasonable than Salesforce CRM:
- Ultimate: $150/month per user
- Professional: $40/month per user
- Enterprise: $65/month per user
- So it might be cost-effective for small companies and SMEs.
- Salesforce also has many pricing plans and is costlier than SugarCRM
- The introductory plan offers account management, email integration, and custom reports – $25 per month
- Unlimited: $300/month per user
- Professional: $75/month per user
- Enterprise: $150/month per user
5. Customer Support
- Phone support comes with a fee and is convenient
- Contact page form and live chat option are available
- Extensive support page, which is a useful search box for solving issues
- Blogs and community forums included with every plan
- Bug tracking and case management offered
- Multiple self-help options on the official website
- Phone support available for premier and partner premier members
- Salesforce University certifications and training available
- Service Cloud Voice provides voice services via Amazon Connect
- Trailhead community offers a substantial knowledge base
6. Marketing Facilities
- Supports multi-channel marketing and full campaign management
- Comes with forecasting, reporting, and collaboration functionalities
- Ideal for customer segmentation management
- Helps small firms save management expenses
- Ideal for sales collaboration in marketing automation
- Provides forecasting and data analytics for marketing strategies
- Supports partner management and territory management
- Suitable for executing large-scale marketing and sales campaigns
7. Industry Statistics
- The current market share is 0.27%, with more than 1000 customers
- Companies like NetSuite Inc and Red Hat Inc use SugarCRM
- The software is primarily used in the IT industry
- It has a market share of 31.47%, with over 13000 customers
- Companies like Walmart, Amazon, and Toyota use Salesforce CRM
- The software is prevalent in the IT and Marketing industry
So, these tools will help you level up your business and handle customers efficiently. That’s why Beth Comstock quoted,
“Know thyself. Know the customer. Innovate.”