Utilizing vast datasets from various sources and analyzing them enables companies to boost decision-making. Big datasets are ideal for business forecasts and uncovering new strategies.
Big Data Global Statistics
- The big data analytics global revenue might reach 09 billion by 2025.
- With an annual growth rate of around 30%, the industry revenue can exceed 60 billion.
- By the end of 2023, the big data market might be worth $103 billion.
- Almost 97.2% of organizations are looking to invest in big data and artificial intelligence.
- 80% of the data companies collect comprise of semi-structured and unstructured data.
Big Data in Healthcare
- By 2025, big data investment in healthcare might be worth $67.82 billion.
- By 2022, the international market for big data in healthcare might reach $34.27 billion.
- Predictive analytics will be in huge demand and might increase 21.6% CAGR by 2032.
- The market might grow up to 20% CAGR in the next few years.
Big Data and Google Search
- Google is the most used search engine having more than 9% market share. It is also the most visited website globally, so it generates vast datasets.
- As Google is the most popular search engine on the planet, it receives more than 5 billion searches every day. That’s a whopping 99,000 searches per second!
- A brand new data set is created with every search query, as Google receives over 15% of recent searches.
- You’ll be surprised to know that Google Search Index consists of over 100,000,000 GB of data!
WhatsApp Data Statistics
- WhatsApp is the most downloaded messaging mobile application, with more than 2 billion customers, and handles lots of data.
- Over 5 million businesses use WhatsApp daily to connect with their customers.
- As over 100 billion messages add exchange daily, the platform generates humongous data sets.
- Almost 175 million customers send messages to these business accounts every day.
Big Data in The Future
- Data generation might go beyond 180 zettabytes by 2025, making more data available for analysis and research.
- By 2025, data creation is expected to go beyond 180 zettabytes. It’s because data interactions have increased almost 5000% since the last decade.
- As 95% of employees say their inability to understand unstructured data is posing a challenge, more companies want to invest in Big Data.
- By 2025, the number of web-connected IoT devices might be around 6 billion, which would generate huge datasets.
- Almost 80% of organizations can face bankruptcy if they fail to adopt Big Data technologies within their business processes.
- According to a CIO report, 80 to 90% of the data users create on the web is unstructured. More companies will look to adopt Big Data to make use of this data properly.
That’s why Tim O’Reilly, founder, O’Reilly Media, said,
“We’re entering a new world in which data may be more important than software.”